Surrender is NOT an option

"IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS,
PLEASE, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!"

We Will Never Forget | Wake Up America | Hall Of Heroes
How many Democrats does it take to screw in a light bulb?
They'd rather ban the light bulb and stay in the dark.
Accidental Discoveries

Thursday, March 29, 2007

The New School Prayer

Religious Intolerance

Now I sit me down in school

Where praying is against the rule
**For this great nation under God**
Finds mention of Him very odd.**
If Scripture now the class recites,
** It violates the Bill of Rights.** And anytime my head I bow
** Becomes a Federal matter now.**

Our hair can be purple, orange or green,
** That's no offence; it's a freedom scene.
** The law is specific, the law is precise.
** Prayers spoken aloud are a serious vice.**

For praying in a public hall
** Might offend someone with no faith at all
** In silence alone we must meditate,
** God's name is prohibited by the state.**

We're allowed to cuss and dress like freaks,
** And pierce our noses, tongues and cheeks.
** They've outlawed guns, but FIRST the Bible.
** To quote the Good Book makes me liable. **

We can elect a pregnant Senior Queen,
** And the 'unwed daddy,' our Senior King.
** It's "inappropriate" to teach right from wrong,
** We're taught that such "judgments" do not belong.**

We can get our condoms and birth controls,
** Study witchcraft, vampires and totem poles.
** But the Ten Commandments are not allowed,
** No word of God must reach this crowd.**

It's scary here I must confess,
** When chaos reigns the school's a mess.
** So, Lord, this silent plea I make:
Should I be shot; My soul please take!

Amen


Origins: Attributed to "a child in Boston," "a 12-year-old girl in Boston," and "a teen in Baghdad, Arizona." Additionally, some versions also lay claim to a date of origin:
"This was written by a teen in Bagdad, Arizona, in January of 2000, and posted on a public bulletin board."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, honestly this chain boils my blood. While I was in high school I had purple hair and my lip pierced yet I maintained a 4.0 GPA and graduated with honors. I was considered a "freak" but I would have NEVER thought to bring a gun to school to shoot fellow students.

I don't think it's fair for people of other faiths to have to say "God." It's about time that this nation, which was founded on "religious freedom," does something about the intolerance to other religions.

For hundreds of years Pagans have been shunned for not believing in the Christian God yet the Christian's have adopted every single Pagan holiday and twisted it around. Christian's have taken Pagan symbols such as the rabbit, egg, tree, lights, fruit cake etc and somehow incorporated it into their holidays. Think about it, honestly sit down and think about Easter. Where did the rabbit come from? And the egg? Yeah because Jesus came back from the dead and said "I want a bunny and some eggs please."

Do people who claim to be Christian not realize that thousands of individuals died because they would not accept their religion? Yet it's perfectly well to be Christian and not Pagan? Since when do you hear about the Pagan Crusades?

Paganism has been around before written history itself; since before the neolithic era. I can bet you a million dollars that 99% of your Christians today don't even know that Christianity was outlawed in 64AD in Rome.

I think it's absolutely pathetic that people make such a big deal about how teachers aren't allowed to preach in school. If I wanted to be preached at I'd go to church.

DQ said...

I would humbly admit that non-Christians are ridiculed and that should not be the case. Ridiculing someone is anything but conducive when trying to reach them. I am a Christian, and for me it's not a title but a lifestyle. I believe we ought to make every effort to share our faith but when that effort becomes condescending, I believe we need to recognize it and adjust accordingly. Why is Christianity so widely accepted? Because it is based on a sovereign standard of moral uprightness. There are many in our nation (world even) that have no profession of faith but are intelligent, responsible and generally speaking, moral. But we are painfully reminded daily that our society and nation is waxing worse and worse. Why is that? I believe it is a result of our nation's reckless abandonment of traditional practices of prayer in general. Today, we want to do what we want, when we want, and how we want. And when that is challenged, we cry "foul, my freedoms are being violated." Speaking from inside the Christian circle, I'll admit that some modern-day Christians have lost sight of the Cross. Pagan influences within Christianity are apparent, and like cancer is gradually eating away at the local church. I have my position on faith, prayer and their roll in modern America.
I believe God gave every man free will, which gives all the freedom to do right or wrong. With that, I believe Christians have the Christ commanded responsibility to share the Gospel. I do not believe the Gospel should be forced on anyone, but simply shared. The problem we face in America today is not that Christianity is being forced on America, but that some (I want to say many) are maliciously striving to silence Christians, silence the local Church and dissolve any association that America has with it's Christian roots. (That statement in itself is yet another argument). I'm a 17-year active duty U.S. Marine and I fight for your freedom to believe what you want, when you want. The cost for those freedoms many will never know, but rest assure, my five children can attest to the sacrifice that is required for religious freedoms. I am what I am and do what I do because of a love for our nation believers and non-believers alike. I would challenge you and any that read this, to ask this one question; "Am I free to do what I WANT to do, or what I OUGHT to do?" Purple hair or a pierced lip, superficial and nothing more than a fade for that matter; such things have very little if anything to do with intellect or spirituality. Shame on those that judged you. BUT a black heart and lack of moral direction is by far much worse. Only God can judge a person's heart, so I'll leave that to Him. But I do believe (from scripture, Psalm 33:12) the words that say, "Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD;..."
So, I'll promise not persecute non-believers if non-believers would acknowledge that I too have religious freedoms. And with those freedoms I should be able to share the Gospel, wherever, to whomever is willing to listen; and not be accused of launching a spiritual crusade. All that said, I simply want you to know that Christians wanting prayer in school and a part of our heritage, is not a "hate the heathen thing" its a "love thy neighbor, hate the sin, but-love-the-sinner" thing.